DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Skilled and technical work in the maintenance and repair of traffic signal systems, highway lighting, and other transportation related systems.
- On call duties, emergency trouble calls, preventative maintenance, emergency maintenance, minor signal repairs, small construction projects, locates, and cabinet set-up & testing.
- Assist Foreman with supervision and training of subordinate employees.
- Fulfill the company tool list requirements.
- Complete and turn in required personal paperwork.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Communications with customers and other contractors.
- Responsible for maintaining and renewing required certifications and licenses.
- Provide your own transportation to and from work and/or be responsible for company assigned vehicle if provided and typically report to work at the job site.
- Abide by all the company safety rules
- Wear proper PPE while on the job site and in the yard for lifting operations to include: Safety-toed work boots, safety vest, work gloves, and hard hat.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Five years experience preferred – Will train the right candidate
- Proficient at programming and setting up controllers, video detection, and communications equipment.
- Proficient at troubleshooting and repairs.
- Proficient with basic hand tools and power tools.
- Proficient with general and specialized test equipment such as multimeter, loop analyzer, locator, controller tester, monitor tester, and other related equipment.
- Proficient at traffic signal wiring.
- Familiar with the MUTCD, NEC, GDOT & Local specifications & standards, Customer and Project specific specifications, and standards.
- Proficiently read plans and schematic diagrams.
- Have intermediate level of computer skills.
- Perform with minimum supervision.
- Perform heavy physical work, often under adverse weather conditions.
- To follow and transmit clear written and verbal instructions.
- To communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and the public.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with others.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, and TRAINING:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Must maintain a valid medical card if you have a CDL driver’s license.
- Be insurable.
- Hazard Communications/MSDS, Blood Borne Pathogens, Hantavirus, Respiratory Protection
- Bucket Truck/Aerial Lift, and fall protection.
- Trencher, Excavation, and Utility Damage Prevention.
- Crane and Rigging/Material Handling
This is a “Full Time” hourly position paying $15.00 to $30.00 per hour depending on experience and level. The following benefits are included after successfully completing a trial period:
- 50% Company Paid Health Insurance
- 100% Company Paid Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Paid Vision Insurance
- Company Matches up to 4% of 401(k) Contribution
- Company Paid Life Insurance Policy
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Opportunity to Advance
- Friendly Work Atmosphere
Qualified veterans, minorities, and women are encouraged to apply.
GTG Traffic Signals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a safe and drug-free environment and all candidates are subject to drug testing and background check.